Jesuit high schools around the world seek to form students who exemplify all aspects to the Grad-at-Grad. These aspects are Loving, Religious, Open to Growth, Committed to Justice, and Intellectually Competent. Service to the community is one way to convey the tenant of being Committed to Justice. On April28th from 8:30am – 1:30pm, students 16 and older are encourage to donate blood at Prep’s Fall Blood Drive.
Every 2 seconds someone in the United States needs blood! Daily, 36,000 unit (pints) are transfused into those in need. High schools across the country are responsible for around 15% of all donations collected each year, and Prep is proud to be part of that percentage.
On average, the Prep community donates 60 – 80 pints of blood. This year, our goal is to reach 100 units of blood at each individual drive (fall and spring), making a total of 200 pints for the year. Let’s all commit to doing justice in a concrete way and exceed that number!
Some important information:
- Date: April 28th from 8:30am – 1:30pm
- Location: Gym
- Who: All individuals in the Prep community that are 16+ years old
- Sign Up: Sign up in Ms. Sheppard Office (Mulry 1st floor)
- Permission Slips: All students who would like to give blood need parental consent, no matter their age. The slips are linked below; print out the appropriate form and return it to Ms. Sheppard’s Office. All permission slips must be submitted PRIOR to the donation.
- Identification: All who wish to donate need to bring identification with them.
- Information: Helpful information from NY/NJ Blood Center is linked here.
Click the appropriate link below for parental permission forms: