Prep’s new Science National Honor Society chapter welcomed its first inductees (24 seniors, 34 juniors, and 24 sophomores) during a ceremony last week.
Prep becomes the latest school to join this national organization, established in 2000 with the following goals:
- To encourage and recognize scientific and intellectual thought
- To advance students’ knowledge of classical and modern science
- To communicate with the scientific community
- To aid the civic community with its comprehension of science
- To encourage students to participate in community service and in turn, encourage a dedication to the pursuit of scientific knowledge that benefits all of mankind.
Members of Prep’s science department have worked for several years to organize a chapter at Grand & Warren. “The Science Department has worked tirelessly to become a cohesive group that encourages all of our students to think critically about the world around them,” said Ms. Catie Eppler, assistant department chair. “We hope to honor our students that have challenged themselves in the science classroom. Also, we hope to encourage students to continue developing their scientific thinking even if they do not pursue a science major beyond Prep.”
Mr. Tom Comey, department chair, extended an additional credit to Enric Adillon, ’16, who helped to organize a Science Society club during his senior year. “He started the ball rolling to get us to this point,” Mr. Comey said. “He deserves credit for sparking the idea!”
Please join us in congratulating the first inductees!
Class of 2020
| Salvatore Imbornone|
Class of 2021
Ian Alexander Lee
Class of 2022